News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rear shock links on 49

Started by STEVE CLC #16187, October 13, 2011, 01:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STEVE CLC #16187

I am doing my brakes and found the rubber bushings worn on the shock links. Getting the shock links is no problem , however how the heck do you remove the shock link studs? Any ideas are most appreciated

Steve hales
steve hales
clc # 16187

49 Convertible

If you are talking about the rear shock links, which I assume you are, the studs are pressed into the shock link and come already pressed onto the new shock links.

Herman
Herman Desser
clc # 19416

49 Convertible

I am not sure I made myself clear in my last post.. You need to buy the shock links complete with the studs already pressed in...They run about $100.00 per pair and I believe All Cads carries them maybe other too but I can't think of whom or is it who?
Herman Desser
clc # 19416

STEVE CLC #16187

Herman, I was talking about removing the shock link stud from the axle housing , which is also pressed in. Anyway I got them out . I used pb blaster and a 12 lbs hammer and beat them out.

Steve hales
steve hales
clc # 16187