News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Where can I buy a carb?

Started by LM 25575, October 20, 2011, 12:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM 25575

Hi,

I am looking for a carburetor for a 1974 Eldo, wrote to a couple of vendors but got just one answer and the guy says they do not have this carb in stock.
So, where can I buy a new or recon carb?
Thanks.
Luca
L. Marzana
- 1949 Cadillac 62 4 door
- 1981 HD FLTC

Dave Shepherd

Can't find a suitable Quadrajet, there are many suppliers of this carb, it would not be an exact numbered carb but will work, Google Quadrajet carbs, I assume you do not have any carb?

Hankk17

RockAuto has them.  I just bought one for my '72 Eldo and have yet to swap it in but it comes in a nice hermetically sealed plastic wrapped bubble in a box.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1125922

$239 including the $50 core.

Wherever you go... There you are

LM 25575

Thanks. Yes, finally found it at Rockauto, recon. My friend, the owner of the car,  was not able to tell me part number so I had to look for someone which could give an advice but, finally, found it.
Thanks again!
L. Marzana
- 1949 Cadillac 62 4 door
- 1981 HD FLTC

Aaron Hudacky

Summit Racing has Holley remanufactured Quadrajets. I may buy one for my 70. I live near Reno, and if I get a chance to go to their showroom and look at one, I'll post my impression.
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI