News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Is that a CLC badge?

Started by Gergely Szentmartony 25603, October 23, 2011, 03:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gergely Szentmartony 25603

Being a European person I did not have too many opportunities to see Cadillacs in my childhood.
However, thanks to Lieutenant Columbo I became addicted to Cadillacs.
In episode "A matter of honor" there is a 1931 Cadillac. Left side of the windscreen there is a sticker which reminds me of the CLC badge.
Is it really a CLC badge?
Maybe the person who owned this car (and rented it to Universal for the film shooting) was a CLC member.
Maybe somebody here knows the owner and/or the story.
"Brougham - For all the reasons you have ever wanted a Cadillac"

www.cadillaclasalle.hu

Ross Morgan #22943

Hi George

Earlier this year, I tracked down the Columbo episode that featured Paul Schinnerer's 1930 V-16 All Weather Phaeton.  Paul rented the car to the studio and it featured in Series 6 "Fade into Murder" staring William Shatner.  I think Paul's been a CLC member since 1961 (may be earlier). The Cadillac you've attached isn't his though.  Ross.

veesixteen

Yes, Greg, that's a CLC sticker all right (it's on the inside of the windshield). 
Perhaps you saw others like it during the GN in Ohio.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"