News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Gangster Squad movie to feature some Cadillacs.

Started by Tom Magdaleno, October 23, 2011, 01:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Magdaleno

My friend and restoration buddy worked the new Ryan Gosling movie Gangster Squad.  The director choose our '38 to be in front of a nightclub in a scene setting shot.  My friend also got a 40's haircut and drove around in the background for a few scenes.  It should be interesting to see.  He told me they also had a '40 V16 on the set as a background car.  I'm not sure if it was used.

We let them keep the car another day and when we went to pick it up we checked out the shop where they prep the cars.  They had a couple 49 black 4-doors that the studio is owns.  One was a "hero" car and was outfitted with a chevy 350, Ford 9 inch and four wheel disc brakes.  The brakes were setup so just the rears could be activated because they were going to use it for some stunt driving. 
Sadly, their was another black 49 that was being prepared to be destroyed for a scene.  I hate to see them do this, but I think its the only car they are destroying for the movie.  See pic.

Also in the shop was a car from the Flintstones movie.  I think its the original Dodge Ram :)

They also had a Rolls-Royce coupe that was actually built from scratch!  It was on a Chevy truck chassis.  I'm not sure what movie it was used in, but they said it was cheaper to build one and damage it than to buy a real one.  I wish they would build all the cars they destroy from scratch instead of destroying classics!
Tom
'38 Cadillac V16
'71 Buick Riviera
'65 Chevy Truck
'56 Packard Super Clipper

Chasmann

TOM. IF YOU COULD GET HOLD OF THE WINDSHIELD WASHER BOTTLE AND PUMP WE COULD MAKE A DEAL.CHARLIE.516 799-5323
1949 SERIES62 4DR SEDAN                                      1936 SERIES 60 4DR TOURING SEDAN