News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

How many 1948 Cadillacs are on the road today????

Started by Richardonly, October 31, 2011, 08:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richardonly

Hello again friends,

I am trying to get as familiar with my 48 Fleetwood as I can, and was wondering how many are still registered and on the road today.

Any ideas on how to look this up?

I tried various google questions with no success. 

1.  How many Fleetwoods?

2. How many 1948's in total?

Not an important question, but one I would be pleased to know.

Thank you, Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

RobW

I got some info from here years ago for my 71 torino. How many made , how many left, and how many left in my state.

Automotive Information Clearinghouse

Phone: (619) 447-7200 PO Box 1746, La Mesa, CA 91944
Rob Wirsing

Wayne Womble 12210

There is no way anyone has anything but a guess as to how many are left.  Your guess is as good as theirs. Certainly we are all curious about our own cars, but no one knows how many are alive, in good condition, in poor condition, parts cars, rusty hulks, on the road, in garages, in museums. There is no way to know.

Richardonly

Thank you both for the information.  You would think that even going state by state, you might have been able to get a number of those registered of a model year.

Thank you both again, Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

RobW

That's what AIC did/does? They use state registrations to compile an estimate for how many left in your state and the country. They also average in salvage yard records. But as was mentioned above, its more of a ballpark guesstimate since no one really knows. Then you also have whats in other countries, barns, garages, etc. For example my father's 63 hasn't been registered since 1978 so that would not show.

But in the case of my 71 torino gt conv they estimated 333 left of 1613 made and 9 in ny. This was back in 1992. But that that can change too. I bought mine in CT. So CT. lost one and NY gained one. That's a scenario that can be repeated over and over.
Rob Wirsing