News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Members from Germany broke down in 56 Cadillac I-5 Calif Lost Hills 10-31 230PM

Started by Rod Dahlgren #19496, October 31, 2011, 05:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod Dahlgren #19496

Anyone near by that can help them find a place to check out the problem? Seems MAYBE ignition coil. It has fuel, no spark. They are heading to Las Vegas. In a pink 1956 Cadillac...
Rod Dahlgren-- I am here in Las Vegas. 707-287-7506------  They have a cell phone 707 287-7989. AAA has been called.
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

Rod Dahlgren #19496

latest report... they were towed to some small shop. found bad coil wire and burned cap and rotor. trying to find parts now.

this couple will attend the European Meeting with their 1954 Cad convert.. Just in restoration now. I will be sending one of my Cadillacs over so my wife and I can drive our own Cadillac on the tour. Plan is to send my 54 coupe so we can all have 54-55-56 Cadillacs in our group.

YES, we will have SPARE PARTS in the trunk!

Rod Dahlgren #19496

Now trying to get towed to Bakersfield. Want to leave the car there and get a rental to get to the SEMA/AAPEX show in las vegas. Any members there with a spot in the driveway?

Stay Tuned..

The Tassie Devil(le)

Good to hear that they are almost up and running.

When I first read the message, my thought was, "from which direction are they approaching Las Vegas?"

AAA helped me in 2002 when I broke down in the middle of hot, steamy Florida.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Rod Dahlgren #19496

Many times you have very good luck with help. They broke down a second time NOW just after some used parts were found.. Now waiting to get towed in... Find a place to leave the 56 then get a rental.
I called the Enterprise Rental office, they told me they will close in 15 minutes.. SO--They will be S.O.L.  To bad Enterprise did that... Seems it would be great chance for them to get a good recomendation if they helped out here.
So.. Now I am on the phone to National, seems they STAY OPEN LATE..