News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Restoration of under seat heaters

Started by gary griffin, October 31, 2011, 07:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

I was cleaning up my under seat heaters and testing them and one fan is howling and the other is louder than I think it shoild be.I am running it in right now but would rather rebuild or replace it. Who knws of a shop that can service or replace these fan motors?

Any advice will be appreciated.

garygriffin@q.com
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Jeff Maltby 4194

Gary. Shoot me a pic of the fan motor and I'll compare it to a 48 and 49 heater motor.

I see you changed your email address.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

49 Convertible

Try shooting some WD40 on the shaft just under the fan blade where it comes out of the motor.  There is a brass bearing just inside the case ansd maybe you will be able to stop the noise this way otherwise you can remove the notors and take apart buy very hard to get back together is the armature brushes jump out.  Try lubricating them first.  You really cant ruin the motors with the WD40 and it might just work
Herman Desser
clc # 19416

Classic

Gene Menne
CLC #474