News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Pertronix 6v Negative ground

Started by jbento, November 05, 2011, 12:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbento

Howdy!

So, I ordered a Pertronix 6v negative ground ignition by mistake.  My 1940 Series 72 has a 6v POSITIVE Ground electrical system.

Does this ignition need to be returned for the correct positive ground ignition, or would it work okay if I just made sure the correct wires are getting the correct polarity feed.

One of the many things I simply do not know, and want to get feedback on before doing anything stupid.

Thanks!

Joe
Joe Bento
CLC# 20081
1940 Cadillac Series 72

Dave Shepherd

Return it.  The pick-up is wrong for that polarity, call them first, as an example Chrysler Pertronix products for  that era cars are specifically are designed for neg gd.  Hope that is clearer.  LOL

R Sotardi #11719

I think that didn't come out right. Cadillacs  before WW2 were 6 volt positive grd after WW2, GM went to 6vneg on all but GMC. I agree to exchange it. Ron