News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1969 cadillac sedan de ville fuel consumption

Started by 1969cadillac, November 05, 2011, 05:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

hello - would like to know fuel consumption figures for this car please in miles per us gallon

city and country driving at 60 mph steady speed

i have seen the official figures - they seem to vary a bit

but i would like to know if anyone has had experience with real world figures

thankyou, murray mules

Dave Shepherd

I had a 69 SD in 1975, 120k car, one of my best Cads from the day, driving in Bklyn. Ny, 11, on the road 16, hi -test of course.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Murray,
Given you have a high compression (and therefore high efficiency) 472, your mileage is highly dependant upon how you drive.  You are moving near 5000 pounds of iron, and if you try moving it fast from a dead stop (city driving) you are going to burn fuel.
That said, my '70 coupe deVille in a good state of tune with conscious attention to my driving would get 10-12 "city" driving and would provide near 16 on the highway at a steady 70 MPH.
Again, it is highly dependant upon the condition of the engine, the state of tune, and of course the driving technique.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

J.Taylor CLC #14369

Greetings,

Having owned my 1970 CDV 8 years (472 cu in), I have driven it from KC to DesMoines (2005 GN), KC to Savannah (2007 GN) and most recently from KC to Columbus (2011 GN). The trip from the original purchase point (Corvallis, Oregon) to KC was 1917 miles. Considering a complete carburetor overhaul last year and annual tuneups, the car delivers a constant 14 1/2 miles per gallon (premium) on the highway. I very seldom exceed 70 miles per hour. I don't have the fortitude to check the in town fuel consumption.

Rob Troxel

My 68 Eldorado with 66,000 miles gets 15 to 16 MPG at cruise if I keep it under 70 mph.  These cars are known for vacum leaks so be sure everything is plugged in on all hoses.

Duane J Warren

After a fresh tune-up our 69 DeVille convertable turned in an average of 14.45 during our 3,000 mile, round trip to the Columbus Grand National. This was over a 20 day driving vacation, which consisted of about 80 to 85% highway and 15 to 20% city type driving (80% with the top down).  I was very surprised (and pleased), as I was getting around 12.5 prior to the tune-up.