News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Addition To the Fleet!

Started by 76eldo, November 12, 2011, 05:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76eldo

I really needed a nice driver Cadillac.  My 3 "keepers" are way too nice to go out and do some casual driving and park them in parking lots without being paranoid.

My friends bought this 99 Eldorado Touring Coupe when it was 2 years old with 9,000 miles on it.  It's getting ready to hit 100K and they have moved on to a Lexus SUV.  They sold it to me at a good price, so this is now my weekend and evening cruiser.  I drive a Chrysler minivan for work and it's full of electronic security equipment, ladders, tools, etc.

Finally I have a nice ride for going out.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bill Balkie 24172

Good Luck Brian ,
       I was always a big fan of that car ,especially the back end . That  looks like a keeper .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Aaron Hudacky

Your car looks beautiful. When I was in college, I would walk to the Cadillac dealer at night to take a study break and stare at the then new 95-98 Eldorados and dream. The color and wheel combination your car has is perfect.
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI

Antoni Deighton

Congratulations on your purchase; I always liked that series Eldorado. Cadillac have been very good about reinterpreting their heritage in new and exciting ways. Looking back at that shape now, I can see elements of the 67-70 Eldorado in it's side windows, C-pillar and the front fenders. But at the time it was also a very modern and sophisticated coupe!

Aaron, you and I must be close to the same age (I liked these in college as well!). It's good to see someone else appreciating and collecting the seventies 'iron'!
Antoni Deighton - CLC# 25867
1967 Cadillac Eldorado - (Grecian White)
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - (Arizona Beige)
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT - (Bluette)

joecaristo

Lots of luck Brian. It looks like a great car.
Joe
Joe Caristo

Ed

Congratulations Brian, nice car. I want to get an Allante as a daily driver. What year do you think is the best?

Ed Nieves
Ed Nieves
Member #23765

76eldo

Ed,

That's not a simple answer.  Amongst the Allante guys, it creates a lot of heated discussion.

I owned a 92  and a 93 and the difference in the Northstar equipped and improved suspension on the 93 was greatly superior to my 92, in my opinion.

The 93 guys won't drive anything else.  It's like a shrunk-down Eldo and has the same suspension as the Eldo.  The earlier ones ride more like a C-4 Corvette and the Recarro seats are hard as compared to the Eldorado seats in the 93.

Have fun looking!

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Ed

Thanks for the info Brian. Sounds to me like 93 my be my choice. Unless anyone else has additional suggestions that are compelling.

Ed Nieves
Ed Nieves
Member #23765