News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Legend Restorations

Started by Mike Josephic CLC #3877, November 11, 2011, 06:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

This firm is located in Sparta, MI, not far from Detroit.

I have a friend who is thinking of using them for restoration of a 1941
sedan.  The owner seems to talk a good game but I'm not personally familiar
with his work (I live in PA).

My friend is asking me for advice (he's not a Club member but soon will be).

Can anybody provide some insight on this firm and the quality of their work,
especially from personal experience?

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Classic

Legend has a nice website, but otherwise I'm not familiar with them.  Another well known one in the same area is http://www.ra-restorations.com/index.html.  I'm sure there are CLC members in the Detroit area familiar with R & A (Bob Anzalone).  His restorations have won numerous top awards.
Gene Menne
CLC #474

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Thanks for the reply.  Legend has an impressive looking ad in the new edition
of our International Membership Directory on page 2. 

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Jon Riley #13576

Legend Restoration was involved with the restorations of two 53 Eldorados used in the movie "My One and Only."  (2009)  I am not sure to what extent though.  The Self-Starter had some articles about the cars and process over the years.

Another restoration shop in that general area is: http://www.lavinerestorations.com/

I have seen cars that Lavine restored and they are fantastic.  Multiple 100 point CCCA awards.

Ross Morgan #22943

I purchased 1953 Eldorado Azure Blue body #87 in 2008 from a pilot (lady) in Hampshire, Illinois.  The car was shipped to Sparta, Michigan to Tim Lenon (Legend Restorations). Before any real work was done on the car, I agreed for it to be used for the movie "My One and Only".  It was painted by production to dull the colour down a little. When the movie was finished, I was going to have it transported to Australia but it ended up back at Legend's.  I commissioned Tim to do the chrome work, windshield replacement and mechanicals and then had it shipped to Australia.  This car needs a full restoration however I am very familiar with Tim's work (having a couple of other cars worked on there) and can provide any information required (rmorgan6@iinet.net.au) or give Mark Brodsky a call (CLC member, Washington, DC I think) - Mark had lots of work done on his '53 E at Legend and his car was at this year's GN.  Ross.

Bill Podany #19567

Mike,

I am not familiar with the restoration shop that your friend seeks for his 41 Cadillac.  If he lives in the Detroit area, I strongly recommend RM Restoration in Blenheim, Ontario.  Contact Don McLellan, general manager.  RM Classic Cars has provided two separate partial restorations to my 41 60 Special and their work is superior.  RM is known for restoring full CCCA Classics, and they hold many Pebble Beach awards.  Your friend may contact me directly.

Bill Podany
Knoxville, TN
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado