News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 Fleetwood 60S rear door courtesy lights problem

Started by Series75, December 10, 2011, 09:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Series75

Almost every car I see including mine has inoperative rear door lights.   Is there a common problem area?  Thinking the rear switches were bad, I purchased 2 NOS but that didn't fix it.    I believe these should light if either front door is opened in addition to opening either rear door so essentially opening any door should light all 4 doors.   Any help from members is appreciated.   Tom CLC#6866

Dan LeBlanc

I'd have to check my authenticity manual but I think they're only operative when the rear doors are open or when the switch in the back of the front seat is turned on.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Series75

Thanks Dan, But this I know, any door opened will light all 4 door pull lights on the 1962 Fleetwood.   Authenticity manual is not always Gospel.  Sorry CLC members.
My family has owned one of these since 1962.  When we traded in the first one, Black with Grey Broadcloth interior for a 1967 Brougham I really struggled as a teenager to let that interior go so I snapped a Kodak picture of the rear seat and clearly only the passenger rear door is open and it clearly shows all 4 on.  The reading lights are off.
In 1974 I purchased a Grey 1962 60S with a grey cloth and leather interior and I have pictures of that car with all 4 door lights on.
In 2007 I purchased a 1962 60S Black with Burgundy Broadcloth and this is the car where only the 2 front doors light.
Tom CLC#6866