News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Member Here

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, December 13, 2011, 05:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Hi- I just found this forum and thought I'd briefly introduce myself. I'm a longtime member of the CLC and lifetime Cadillac devotee. Currently I own an '83 Fleetwood Brougham, '62 Coupe deVille and '59 Coupe deVille. Looking forward to exchanging information, stories etc with fellow CLCer's.

Regards,

Eric
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Eric,

Welcome. You'll a great group of fellow enthusiasts and knowledgeable help.

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

C.R. Patton II

Hello Eric

Welcome to the Forum! This is the place to learn and share knowledge about the Standard of the World. I'm not sure what I enjoy more...the camraderie or vast amount of automobile experience spanning the globe.

Always remember there is never a dumb question to ask regarding your vehicle.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Richardonly

Welcome Eric,

This is a GREAT place to get information OR just read the posts each day.  I am amazed at how the simple things slip by, such as a post and answers I just read.

They were discussing a timing light for a 6V system and they only had one for a 12V.  The thought on my part would be who has one or where can I buy one?

The simple answer was to hook up the TL to a 12V battery or a 12V car for the power supply.

Well, in any case, welcome once again.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Thanks kindly gentlemen, glad to be here.

Sorry about the pics- I've used them on other sites w/o coming out oversized...not quite sure what happened here.

Brief history of the cars:

The '62 came to me from Colorado last year. Previous owner owned since 1988 when he acquired it from an estate in Chicago where he had been residing at the time. Just a Basic Group A car, but a very well preserved 2- that had an excellent refinish 3 years ago with 48,500 at time of purchase last year; now 50,000- and it is actual. Interior is near flawless original. Build sheet confirms Chicago origin.

The '59 was acquired early this year from a collector in Iowa who owned since 1989. Previously had been a Virginia car and I managed to track the two previous owners both of whom believe the mileage correct at 46,000 which it shows today. Iowa owner had refinished around 1990 and still shows very well. Interior is very fine unrestored original. This car is a bit unusual in that it is equipped with not only Guidematic, A/C and fog lamps, but air suspension as well- which thankfully has been converted to conventional.  Build sheet confirms Virginia origin.

Chrome and drivelines are original to both cars and perform flawlessly- adding that the '62 has a most definite edge in the department of ride/handling/quietness/comfort to the '59 IMHO.

The years of 1959-1962 are my personal favorites and would ultimately like to add 1960 and 1961 Coupe deVilles to complete the set- preferably black w/ b&w interior.

Once again, thanks and glad to be here.

Richardonly

Your cars look and sound beautiful!  I also like the color black with black & white OR gray interior.  Very classy.

Sadly, my original interior came with an off tan color. But it is in near perfect shape.
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Thanks Richard. Sounds like a nice '48 60S you have there as well.