News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1930 V8 Manifold problem

Started by Cooke, December 20, 2011, 07:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooke

I posted this under the General discussion, no luck, any ideas are appreciated.

I just installed a new manifold and cast iron y pipe to my 1930 V8. I have a slight leak at the manifold-y pipe junction. Its just a very tight slip fit with no way (that I know of) to tighten it. Any suggestions??

harry s

Martin, If it is a slight leak you can pull it apart and put high temp RTV on the joining parts and put it back and let the RTV set up. Do you still have the original inner pipe joining the pieces together? If so the RTV should work. If you are not using the original inner pipe you can use an exhaust pipe expander along with a nearest size piece of exhaust pipe expanded out to a tight fit along with the RTV. Good Luck Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum