News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

You can’t believe me! Santa Claus came at home last night.

Started by Leponthaut, December 25, 2011, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leponthaut

You can’t believe me! Santa Claus came at home last night.

He was all red, his face too, he was ashamed :-[; he had made a mistake about the addressee 54 years before. He gave me a small card of excuse. He had retrieved my present in a barn in Kansas :-\.

I live in France. When I was young, I lived near Evreux where there was a US Air Force Airport.  With my dad we used to go bowling. One child dream was born: one day I will have an American car!

54 years ago (I’m 62 years old), I asked Santa Claus for one American car, not necessarily a new one, but new or old. I never got any in the chimney, but this Christmas, one big big parcel with a blue ribbon was waiting for me outside.
I unwrapped the parcel, Whaouuh!  Not one Cadillac, but THE Cadillac, one “original” 1938 60S! :D

My dream had just come true!

The truth:
On 24th August 2011, I have found on oldride.com this caddy in the middle of the Kansas, I bought it. Thanks to SCL (a very good company) which picked up the car in Kansas to deliver to the SCL warehouse in Jacksonville (FL), Caddy was set in a container, unloaded in Rotterdam (NL) and delivered to me in the South West of France by truck. I received it on Tuesday, four months later.

The car is 90/95% complete; the body is rust free, just three small rust deep spots.

My target is to rebuild completely “my 60S” exactly as it was the day of its output from the Cadillac factory in 1938.

My timing is:

• Two years to find the missing parts (and re-mold the 42’ x 25’ three hundred year old two levels barn in a sweet Cadillac home) and to rebuild the small parts or assembly.
  • Three years to rebuild the car after complete dismantling. I hope to be able to drive it in five years! (fingers crossed).
I‘d love help, advice, technical opinions, your experience, your knowledge, if you agree!

I wish you a happy Christmas!

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Dominique,

Congratulations on your Christmas delivery.   No wonder Santa was weighed down this year.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

62droptop

cool story
looks like a pretty solid starting point
cantthink of a better christmas gift

no wonder i didnt get anything this year,Santa said his goody bag was overfull
this explains everything

in the words of Larry the cable guy  "git er done"
and enjoy the hell out of it

C.R. Patton II

All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Richardonly

What a wonderful Christmas present!  I wish you a wonderful time as everything comes together.
A soon to be, brand new 1938 Cadillac!
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle