News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 gas tank installation

Started by kkarrer, December 30, 2011, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Hello and Happy New Year!  Can any one help with the installation of the gas tank on my 41 6227D coupe?  I've seen some other posts on this and one photo, but there are two straps on my tank, one on top and one underneath, but I'd like to be sure I have them in the right position.  It looks like they both mount to the frame at the slits cut in the rear cross member and the one with the finished, rounded end, goes on the bottom.  As usual the shop manual is no help on this.
Thanks,
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe

Jeff Kay CLC#7630

Ken,
You are correct, the curved strap goes along the top of the tank and the straighter strap runs along the bottom of the tank.  The side of the straps with the bolt holes goes towards the front of the car.  The other side of both straps go together in the horizontal slit on the cross member near the rear bumper.  It's kind of tricky to get both of the straps into the one slit, but they do fit.  It helps if you have someone there to help you hold the tank/straps in place while you put the tank in place and get the bolt on the straps.

Good Luck
Jeff Kay
CLC #7630
1941 Cadillac Series 63

kkarrer

Jay,
     Thanks for the reply.  I've now got the engine, gas tank, hydramatic transmission, and differential back on the blasted and painted frame.  On to the new stainless steel exhaust next.
Happy New Year,
Ken Karrer 1941 6227Dcoupe