News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Digging up old topics???

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, December 31, 2011, 02:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

It sort of stopped for awhile, & now it seems to be starting again. When responding to a post, it would be a good idea to check the date. A recent revival goes back OVER 5 years.
In most cases:
#1 I'm sure the issue has been resolved  by now.
#2 Many of the original posters haven't been active since.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Steve Passmore

I think this must be where someone puts in a "search" for a particular topic or something they need Bob and either doesn't check the date or hopes parts are still available, I guess if you need something bad enough any lead no matter how old is better than no lead at all.
Have a good Christmas?
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Matt

I don't see this as a problem.  Activity is generally considered a good thing on most forums.
Matthew Taylor
PCS MO Route 66 Chapter President

EAM 17806

I think old topics can be very useful to many members especially to new members who would need an answer to what was resolved a while back, so let's not bury the old resolutions.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

C.R. Patton II

To be inquisitive is to learn. Please continue.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Steve,
Thanks I did have a good Christmas & hope you did also.
You are correct that these old topics are brought back by people searching. That's fine. Read what's been said & benefit from it. There's little need to comment on it like it's current news, when in fact it's years old. As I said before, most of the time the original poster & the majority of the responders are long gone, so it's not like you're  currently communicating with them.  My advice... start a new topic & see where it leads.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.