News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 fuel line

Started by Dave J, January 04, 2012, 09:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave J

For my 1956 Coupe de Ville: does anyone know of a source for a replacement original type flexible rubber fuel hose with threaded fittings on each end that goes from the metal fuel line on the chassis to the fuel pump.

Thanks
Dave Johnson
56 CDV

Walter Youshock

You can get them at NAPA.  They are made by Weatherhead and run about $10.00.  They also don't disintegrate with today's fuel.

I don't have the part # handy but can look later.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Dave J

Thanks Walter,
I just got the car and it has a piece of standard rubber fuel hose with hose clamps on each end. I think the original may have been made of rubber with  braided reinforcement on the outside.  I would appreciate the part # but don't go to a lot of trouble.

Also, my power steering pressure hose is leaking.  Do you know a source for that?

Dave
Dave Johnson
56 CDV

J. Gomez

Dave,

The NAPA part # should be WH11093 for the Weatherhead flex fuel line; these are none-braided type.

For the P/S if you have a hydraulic shop they could make one, or you could try your local NAPA store they may be able to made one. Just remember it will be one piece rubber hose, they may not be able to add the mid-reducer as on the OEM.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Dave J

Thanks Jose,
I think my leaking P/S hose is original.  It has an odd part midway but I'm not sure what it is.  If it's the reducer what is it's purpose.

Dave
Dave Johnson
56 CDV

J. Gomez

Quote from: buzyr on January 06, 2012, 04:40:44 PM
Thanks Jose,
I think my leaking P/S hose is original.  It has an odd part midway but I'm not sure what it is.  If it's the reducer what is it's purpose.

Dave

Dave,

I’ve seen folks naming that piece a “reducer” and/or “reducing coupler” as for its function not sure. Maybe the mechanics of the original rubber hose holding pressure as a single piece, and the reducer equalizes pressure on both short sides.  ???

Just a wild guess..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Bob Kielar

Would this NAPA part number for the fuel line be the same for a 55 ?

Thanks,
Bob
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

J. Gomez

Quote from: Bob Kielar on January 06, 2012, 06:12:27 PM
Would this NAPA part number for the fuel line be the same for a 55 ?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob,

From the AACA site, Donal_G posted the following;

CADILLAC

NAPA part #        OEM part #               
1941 - 48 WH 11076     1442527, 1451365
1949 - 58 WH 11093     145497

Hope this helps..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Bob Kielar