News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Where can I found one trunk floor panel

Started by Leponthaut, January 07, 2012, 11:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leponthaut

does anybody knows where I can find one trunk floor panel for my 60S of 1938 ? :'(
Apparently it's the same for 1939 and 1940 60S model.
Thanks in advance

Jim Stamper

Hello;

There is a company that sells replacement panels on Ebay. Their name is "Classic 2 Current" phone # 1 313 534 2886. They have floor panels, not sure about the trunk, it won't hurt to ask and if not perhaps they will be able to direct you to someone who does. I have no experience with them at all of any kind, just offering the tip, not an endorsement. Try the Google search, something usually turns up. Good luck.
                    Jim Stamper CLC#13470

Dan LeBlanc

I bought my floor pans from them for my 61 Fleetwood and was happy with them.  Price was reasonable, shipping was fast, and they fit with minimal trimming.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Glen

Some time ago someone posted a link to a company that made trunk floors for Chevys and I think Buicks.  I was thinking they might be pretty close to a Caddy.  But I can not find that website now.  Can anybody find that again?  Thanks.

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Jim Stamper

Yes, I was going to ad that GM lines shared bodies with each other. A Buick may be the most reproduced, though which Buick model would be the question, and another question someone here must know the answer to is, is the 60S a totally stand alone model or do they share the lower sheet metal components with say the 60 or some of the Buick models. This may seem to be deviating from the post a bit but may eventually home in on what you are looking for.

Jim Stamper CLC#13470

Chris Bryant #19358

Hello all,

The 1938-1941 60S bodies from the cowl back are identical. The front sheet metal differed each year as well as dashboards (which are removable). They are also unique which is to say that no other series share panels with them. The 38 60 and 60s grilles are different even though they appear to be the same. The 38 60S grille is shorter and wider than the 60 Series.

I hope this helps.

Chris Bryant #19358

Leponthaut

Thanks for your help :)
I have received an answer from Classic 2 Current Fabrication

We have yet to be provided with an original in order for us to make one. If your original is in good enough condition to cut out and send to us for a pattern, then perhaps we could make one for you. The first thing you would need to do is to email us a picture of your original trunk pan so we can see if we're able to make it first.

I will try also to draw in 3D (with SolidWorks software) my floor trunk, mine is a "little bit" damaged >:D

kkarrer

You might try Charlie Babcock.  He had one for my 41 6227D coupe.  941-349-4990 is his number.  He's a great guy and very sharp on early Cadillacs.  He was the only person I found with trunk floor pans.  I kept the one I cut out of my coupe.  It's in two large pieces and is still quite salvageable.  If it will work for you let me know.  I'll send you both pieces or one.  I can take photographs.
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe