News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CLC Winter Board Meeting in Galveston

Started by C.R. Patton II, January 13, 2012, 12:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.R. Patton II

Just arrived in Texas for our organizational Club and Museum January meetings. Good venue, camraderie, food and fun tours. However I thought I left winter in Detroit but it followed me to Texas. It's cold.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

It's much worse up here in Pittsburgh.  Snow storm moving in from the
West with 4-6 inches over the next 2 days -- temps dropping to 15
degrees Friday night.

And on Tuesday it was 55!!

Have a good meeting -- I cound not attend this time.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Gene Beaird

Quote from: C.R. Patton II on January 13, 2012, 12:53:43 AM

Just arrived in Texas for our organizational Club and Museum January meetings. Good venue, camraderie, food and fun tours. However I thought I left winter in Detroit but it followed me to Texas. It's cold.

So YOU'RE the reason we had to put on long pants and cover our orange trees!!!!  Yeah, the day before yesterday, it was 70-deg F.  That's typical southeast Texas winter weather.  You sweat in the shade one day, and shipping ice off the plants the next (sometimes literally). 

Welcome to Texas.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Jeff Hansen

Not being on the board anymore, I do miss hanging out with the other board members, officers, and local region members at the winter meeting.  The winter meeting is much less stressful than the summer one when the Grand National is going on.

Chuck, please tell everyone I said, "hello!"

Best,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

C.R. Patton II

Jeff

You were missed. All the meetings are over and its 60 degrees.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.