News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1930/31 V-16 Engine - interesting mod

Started by Ross Morgan #22943, January 16, 2012, 07:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Morgan #22943

I came across a photo of a 1930/31 V-16 All Weather Phaeton engine the other day and at first, I was a little baffled as to what was sitting on top of the intake manifold. But then the penny dropped and very novel too!

I've attached a second photo as a comparison to something more original.

Ross.

(Um, I've tried several times to attach the second photo, firstly with this post and secondly with a reply post. Also tried another photo but it's not doing it sorry).

Ross Morgan #22943

Second photo. Ross.

Gene Beaird

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Johan Boltendal #158

Jim Stamper

I think it might be a wolf whistle.   Jim Stamper CLC#13470

Don Boshara #594

Definitely a wolf whistle. Had one on my car in the '40s, didn't help though.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe

harry s

I agree that it is a wolf whistle. I had one on a Model A in the late 50's and just like Don's mine didn't seem to help either. I see a typical exhaust manifold leak also.  Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Glen

When you say it did not help do you mean it did not attract the girls as advertised?   :)
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Ross Morgan #22943

Well, I thought it was a horn of some sort! What a like about this photo is the cord running back to the firewall, for the driver to pull.  Chris Cummings noticed the framed AWP picture on the wall  and I believe it's one and the same car. The photo is actually a calendar print and copies are regularly offered on ebay (but not at the moment). If I find it, I'll post that too.  I don't know the owner, I've only come across the photos on the net which mentions the owner as being Don Jones.