News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1929 Cadillac LasSalle

Started by olydec, February 24, 2012, 06:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olydec

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I own a 1928/9  328  Cadillac LaSalle Convertible which I am in the process of restoring.
I do have several parts missing, and just need a bit of technical advice from someone who knows these cars.
Has anyone got one of these cars, or knows a lot about them that can help me out?
Thanks
Patrick

gary griffin

I would suggest you start a running restoration blog with lots of pictures. You will get people following and giving as much advice as you want and maybe more. After you start it just go back and hit the pottom "reply" to add to it. It is fun and informational and will make some good contacts in the Lasalle part of the club. I have a running Blog on the restoration of my 1942  6719 that you could peruse for an example. When you or anybody else hits (reply) that blog rotates to the top so you can go down through the restoration blogs and find the less active ones also.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Jeff Hansen

Hi Patrick,

There are a couple of options that could help you:

1 - Go to our Technicians page on the main website: https://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/technical-resources/technicians .  Scroll down to the 1929 Technicians for Cadillac and then further down the page for 1929 Technicians for LaSalle; there are several people you can contact who could possibly help you.

2 - If you wish to join the CLC, one of the benefits of membership is the International Membership Directory.  The directory lists all members by state and, if international, by country.  It further cross-references members by the cars they own.  So you can look up your car and find out what other club members own one.

You have a beautiful automobile!  I wish you the best of luck in getting it back on the road.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

bernard luck

Hi Patrick,
Have you now started it I did not get a Email address

Bernard
Dorking

olydec

Quote from: gary griffin on February 24, 2012, 06:22:40 PM
I would suggest you start a running restoration blog with lots of pictures. You will get people following and giving as much advice as you want and maybe more. After you start it just go back and hit the pottom "reply" to add to it. It is fun and informational and will make some good contacts in the Lasalle part of the club. I have a running Blog on the restoration of my 1942  6719 that you could peruse for an example. When you or anybody else hits (reply) that blog rotates to the top so you can go down through the restoration blogs and find the less active ones also.

HI Gary, thanks for the advice I will take pictures and start a blog.

olydec

Quote from: Jeff Hansen on February 25, 2012, 02:49:11 PM
Hi Patrick,

There are a couple of options that could help you:

1 - Go to our Technicians page on the main website: https://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/technical-resources/technicians .  Scroll down to the 1929 Technicians for Cadillac and then further down the page for 1929 Technicians for LaSalle; there are several people you can contact who could possibly help you.

2 - If you wish to join the CLC, one of the benefits of membership is the International Membership Directory.  The directory lists all members by state and, if international, by country.  It further cross-references members by the cars they own.  So you can look up your car and find out what other club members own one.

You have a beautiful automobile!  I wish you the best of luck in getting it back on the road.

Jeff

Hi Jeff ,  thanks for the advice I really appreciate you guys taking the time to reply and guide I will be joining the club I am new to forums and I'm getting the hang of navigating it.

olydec

Quote from: bernard luck on February 26, 2012, 02:52:40 PM
Hi Patrick,
Have you now started it I did not get a Email address

Bernard
Dorking

Hi Bernard, I am in the process of removing the body from the chassis and I am trying to design a trolly to put the body on so I can wheel it around, maybe you may give me some advice on this? I did send you an email after I came back from holiday in august last year, I will give you a call when I get a chance and hope to catch up with you.

gary griffin

A simple device and usefull later is to buy 4 wheel dollies and lash 2x4's to them or even screw them to the 2x4's.  Each dolly is designed to support a wheel of a car and later they can be used to move inoperative cars, squeeze your cars together in tight spaces and even turn them sideways in the garage as I do to get more cars in. Harbor freght has them as do oher suppliers.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver