News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Door hinge cover for 1976 Sedan de Ville - will cover from Fleetwood match?

Started by cardman76, February 27, 2012, 09:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardman76

I have a 1976 Sedan de Ville with a broken cover for the door hinges! This cover is made of plastic and covers the door hinges on the pillar between front & rear door. Will a cover from a 1976 Fleetwood match mine? Will covers from other year & models fit?
Thanks, T Simonsen.

cadillactim

The cover from a Fleetwood is different because of the B pillar.  You will need a cover from a 71-76 Calais or Sedan deVille.  Tim
Tim Groves

mgbeda

You mean your cover still exists?  I haven't seen one in 25 years.

Seriously if you ever find a source for these please let me know.  They are one of those forgotten parts, like the sedan opera window trim, that just don't seem to exist anymore.

I would expect that 71-76 Olds 98's and Buick Electras would use the same part.  And maybe even the 71-76 B-body pillarless hardtops.  Can anyone confirm this?

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

mgbeda

By the way I found this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-1985-CADILLAC-DOOR-HINGE-COVER-FLEETWOOD-DEVILLE-/330575811668?hash=item4cf7da9454&item=330575811668&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

They seem pretty confused about what it fits and what it came from (I don't think 71 or 76 Eldorados had anything that looked like this) but I think this is the part.

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

cardman76

Caper

I recently purchased a 76 Deville Aug 8th and while the car was in for minor service last week someone snapped the hinge cover and put it in my trunk. Was very brittle as my elbow touched it a few times and can see how it could accidentally snap with any weight on it. Not sure how it happened but inquiring. Any repops out there.    My VIN 6D49S6E604857. Dunbarton Green? 

Big Fins

Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Caper

Thanks for the idea , I sent a  pic to a local 3 D place for a quote so keep u posted . Have a fiberglass master coming tomorrow to look at some other auto repairs  so he's also  going to take a look.