News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Eliminate "fits " from ebay searches

Started by Paul Tesone, February 27, 2012, 10:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Tesone

I'm getting tired of scrolling down page after page of car cover , wheel , and fuzzy dice auctions when looking for items for my car on ebay . I recently read a post in which I think someone described how to eliminate those auctions which contained the description " fits ....". However ,I can't find the post . Can anyone direct me to the post or tell me how to do it ? Thanks , Paul Tesone ...CLC #6876

joecaristo

All you have to do in the search box is type in Cadillac 19?? -fits -cover or any other word you want omitted.
Joe
Joe Caristo

Paul Tesone

Thanks Joe - also found the post I was looking for . Phil Terry responded to this issue last July . He advised putting -:fits, ( minus...colon..."fits"...comma ) before keyword searches . Also seems to work if placed after keyword searches . Thanks Phil .... Paul Tesone ..CLC#6876

quadfins

Also, if you click on the "Advanced"  near the search button, it will open a box that you can fill with words to eliminate. Typically, I omit fits and cover, and the list is narrowed enough for me.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Chasmann

Paul.First go into vintage auto parts then on the right side of the page click on newly listed and within the first. 200 posts you already have the last two days of post.Charlie Murray
1949 SERIES62 4DR SEDAN                                      1936 SERIES 60 4DR TOURING SEDAN

Paul Tesone

Thanks , Jim & Charlie - I appreciate the advice . Paul Tesone ..CLC#6876