News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Robe rail removal - 1940 60S

Started by pauldridge, February 29, 2012, 09:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauldridge

Anyone know how to remove the robe rail from its attachment at each end of the front seat back?  I've got a beautiful new one from LeBaron, but not sure how to get the old one off.  I'm guessing those chrome escutcheons just pop off, but don't want to bend one.  Probably they need to come up from one end or another.

Any experts out there?
Phil Auldridge
Austin, TX
1940 60S as well as MGA, Stingray, '39 Ford Coupe, BMW 3.0 CS, '59 Jaguar, '51 Hudson Hornet, '64 and '70 Mercedes roadsters, and Nash-Healey LeMans Coupe
[img]http://www.auldridge.org/images/hdricon.jpg[/img]

gary griffin

My 42 has a divider and I seem to recall that they came off after removing the back of the front seat but I took them off over a year ago and can't remember for sure?? If you dont get an answer let me kno wand I will go through my chrome parts boxes and figure it out. This would probably not apply if you don't have a divider
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

pauldridge

Phil Auldridge
Austin, TX
1940 60S as well as MGA, Stingray, '39 Ford Coupe, BMW 3.0 CS, '59 Jaguar, '51 Hudson Hornet, '64 and '70 Mercedes roadsters, and Nash-Healey LeMans Coupe
[img]http://www.auldridge.org/images/hdricon.jpg[/img]

Don Boshara #594

As I recall from restoring my '40 60S a looong time ago, push the robe rail into the end plate and turn it. There's a hook on the end that hooks onto a post inside.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe