News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

My Latest Purchase

Started by okccadman, March 01, 2012, 11:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okccadman

Well, thanks to Craigslist, I'm feeding my addiction again.  I just purchased these 2 long dormant 1 owner cars from an 800 acre ranch in Western Oklahoma.  The first is a 1970 Eldorado with 72,000 miles.  It was parked in a barn in 1993.  The second is a 1967 Sixty Special with either 10,000 original miles or 110,000 EXTREMELY pampered miles.  It was stored since 1980 in a carpeted heated garage.  All the lenses are clear and crack free, the steering wheel is perfect as well as the printed trim on the dash chrome around the radio and climate controls.  The instrument cluster has no rust or dirt inside it like most 67s I've owned before.  I bought these to clean up and resell but I'm growing attached to them very quickly.  What do you think of them?
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

waterzap

Leesburg, AL

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Those were the ones that the people wanted $10,000 for the pair, right?

From what I can see the 60S appears to be a bit nicer- but it looks like there's coolant on the floor mat. Maybe a heater core gone bad?

They're really not high dollar cars but then again $10K doesn't buy much these days.  I'd probably flip the Eldo and keep the Fleetwood.

Congrats and good luck with them.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

okccadman

Thats water on the floor mat from our shoes when we unloaded it.  Those are the ones.  And i got them for  less than asking price and they delivered them 70 miles.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
66 Fleetwood Brougham
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham

Less than 10K? Well bought!

C.R. Patton II

Hello Jim

Where do you find those beauties or how much do you want for the rabbit's foot in your pocket? It must be skill right.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

The more I look at it that Fleetwood sure looks like a sweetheart. Even has the proper dual ring whitewalls. Sure looks like it could pass for 10,000 miles. Even the little screws in the doorjamb are still shiny. Is it still the original paint?

okccadman

Believe it or not it was a very vague Craigslist ad titled "2 Classic Cadillacs."  The 67 has had some paint work.  I haven't looked close enough but I suspect its had a complete repaint.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
66 Fleetwood Brougham
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham

Kevin M. Parkinson

What do I think?  I think my 1967 Sedan deVille needs a big brother!  I love that 60 Special.  I just love saying 60 Special.  There is one for sale in Michigan right now that I have been dreaming about since December but I just can't buy everything i like.  Thank you for sharing your find.
1925 V-63B Custom Suburban
1941 Series 6719
1956 Fleetwood 75 Imperial Sedan
1967 Sedan deVille
1968 Sedan deVille
1972 Fleetwood 75 Sedan
1972 S&S Cadillac Victoria Hearse Senior #779
1980 Fleetwood Limousine
1996 Sedan deVille
2006 DTS 1SD
2018 CT6 3.0TT Platinum
2018 Escalade ESV

okccadman

Kevin.  I know what you mean.  I bought these to to clean up and resell but that 67 is saying "keep me, keep me."  I may sell something else and keep this one.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
66 Fleetwood Brougham
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham

The Fleetwood looks like a keeper to me as well. Even the dash appears excellent. Too bad the car's not black but we shouldn't be too picky.  ;)

Are the tires still good on it?

Aaron Hudacky

When I read your original post describing these cars before you saw them, I never envisioned either to be as nice as they are. The 67 is beautiful. I like the 70 also, but I'm biased, and very interested in seeing how it looks once you are done cleaning it. The roof on the 70 looks like it was redone. Do you know if the roof was originally white?

Thanks for sharing the photos. I hope we get to see more of these cars as time goes on.
1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI

okccadman

I havent checked teh firewall tag but it looks like the original vinyl top.  It is the correct grain
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
66 Fleetwood Brougham
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham

okccadman

Update:

The starter is coming off the 70 Eldo this week for a rebuild then we will finish up getting it roadworthy and cleaned up to sell. 

The 67 Sixty Special is now running, driving and stopping wery well with the exception of the flat spots on the dual stripe olyglass tires.  All options except the clock work.  The bearing in theh ac compressor makes noise and the refrigerant has leaked out siting since 1980.  The vent windows try but are very stiff from 30 plus years of non use.  Here are some more pics.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
66 Fleetwood Brougham
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham

R Schroeder

That is a nice looking car Jim.

Looks like the guy across the street is into Caddys too.

Where in the heck do you park all of these ?.............ha
Roy