News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Pictures wanted showing door rubber for 1950 6219 sedan

Started by Caddy Wizard, March 01, 2012, 03:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Wizard

I have some water leaks around my front doors on my 1950 S62 sedan.  The rubber seems to be missing in places and in the past someone has added some generic rubber as patches. 

Can someone post some pictures of what the rubber profile looks like and exactly where the rubber seal is installed along the front of the front doors for a 1950 S62 Sedan?

Thanks in advance.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Caddy Wizard

Well, I am starting to make some headway thanks to some pictures kindly sent to me. 

The main door seal for the front doors starts at the bottom of the door, near the rear and loops up and over the top of the door and terminates at the front beltline.  Most of its length is just extruded rubber, with a similar profile to a 49 door seal.  But the leading 8 inches or so at the front is a molded piece that is bonded to the extruded part.  The molded part is molded to conform to the funky shape of the door and door opening at that point.  Someone in the past had installed new ones of these door rubbers from Steele, but they installed the left one on the right and vice-versa.  So they never fit right and never sealed correctly.  It also made the right front door hard to close.  I hope to fix this soon...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)