News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Front Window Mold Clips

Started by 57flw, March 01, 2012, 10:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57flw

Can anyone help out here.
I have a quantity of clips that holds the front window moldings in place.
As can be seen by the photo the clips are different shapes.

I have numbered them.
Can someone please show in what order these are fitted. eg From left to right 1,3,5,4 etc.

Regards

Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia
1957 Series 60 Special Fleetwood

Walter Youshock

They all look like windshield molding clips, that's for sure.  There should be another one like 5, 7 and 8.  These go on the lower reveal molding where the fender meets the molding.  These are HORRIBLE to get on or off unless the fender is loosened enough so it will allow you to get a screwdriver between the fender and the molding.  The fenders fit snugly against the lower molding.  I've actually left a couple of these off my car.

1 and 6 go at the corner of the dogleg where the door/vent window meet the windshield.

3 and 4 I think go about 1/3 of the span of the windshield--like center of the sun visor.  2 should go in the center where the 2 lower pieces meet.

From driver to passenger side:  6, 7, 8, 3, 2, 4, 5, (another 5), and 1.

I THINK!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Scott Robinson

yes Walter you are correct,I just fitted mine
I hope you still have the front fenders off ken as it is just about impossible to put the clips on
1956 biarritz
1957 coupe deville
CLC member south Australia

57flw

Hi Walter,
Many thanks for the reply.
I will have a go at your numbering system tomorrow.

Scott,
Thanks for your input and the answer is NO to the front guards being off. Lucky me another difficult task to come.

Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia

Walter Youshock

I don't think you have to take them off, just loosen them enough so they move enough to get a screwdriver in there.

Don't forget to put sealant on the screws when you remount the clips. 
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

DTBass

Ken thanks for his post as I was planning on removing my cracked windshield this week and wasn't sure what to expect with the molding clips.  I would rather not have to remove the fenders so I will loosen them first as suggested, Doug
1917 Maxwell
1948 Oldsmobile
1954 Chrysler New Yorker
1957 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
1966 Mustang

willycadi

Walter

I am looking long time for this clips of the front window mold clips do you know where I can finds this?
This clips on the picture is for lower molding I need also the clips for upper molding
Also for the back window and that thin molding on the back of the roof above the window that nylon clip
its for an eldorado seville of 1957
Can you help me??
The whole Restoration is stopped because I don't find this clips I can mounted the fenders before that molding is mounted

Willy from Belgium

57flw

Hi Willy,
I received your email but I must say I am unable to assist you with the lower clips for the front screen.
I had all the original clips for my restoration and they were all in great shape.

The upper clips attach to the top moulding and are held in place by a nut which is accessed from inside the car. I do not have a picture of these.

In regards to the rear window clips most of mine were no good and I purchased some off eBay. The sellers name was route66cruisers. I dealt with Steve and Gail who were very helpful.
They are in Prineville, OR. USA.
Hope this helps.
Ken

Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia