News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'59 heater box duct

Started by David Greenburg, March 03, 2012, 07:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

I'm trying to install a replacement heater box to blower boot on my non-a/c '59 60S.  While the original part is (or was originally) a somewhat flexible rubber piece, the replacement is hard plastic, and has a flange around both ends.  While specifically designated for non-a/c '59-60 cars, the part does not appear to fit properly; it is slightly too long to allow the heater box to be reinstalled, and even if I could get the heater box back on to the mounting bolts, it looks like the protruding flange will cause clearance problems.  Has anyone successfully installed one of these ducts?  The only way it looks like it might work would be to remove the fan/blower unit as well, then remount the blower, duct and heater box as one unit.   
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Jeff Wilk

Dave, I've done this twice before but both times I did have the entire box off the firewall as well.  Not sure if there is any other way to do it.  Rubber ones can be ordered if you want as well.

"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

David Greenburg

Jeff:

Thanks.  I'll try taking taking the blower off as well; just didn't want to remove antenna, inner fender etc. if it was going to be pointless.  Have you used the hard plastic ones?  I looked for rubber, but couldn't find them.  A couple of the usual suspects had the hard plastic ones.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

Jeff Wilk

DAve

Google TA Motors Sweeden.  Do it on google and hit Translate button. They make the rubber ones. Ive used these folks before whipe traveling in Sweeden last year.  Great quality and you will see the variety on their website   Hope this helps.   Oh yes......ihave also used the hard Plastic boots
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

David Greenburg

Jeff:

Thanks. for the tip.  I'll give them a try if the plastic doesn't work.  Or on the next one.

David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville