News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Museum Pledge

Started by tozerco, March 15, 2012, 05:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tozerco

I received the following email about the credit card I use to pay the Cadillac Museum pledge contributions:

"Please send new Visa Card info since old one expired on 2/12. Need number if it has changed, new exploration date and 3 letter code."

Can someone verify that this is how the Museum seeks this information and suggest a way to get the information to them other than by email? This could be from anyone and I don't intend to share this information openly.

Regards,
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

I would forward that E-Mail to Paul Ayers, the President of the museum.
I'm sure he will get to the bottom of this.  His contact info is on the website
here.

I don't blame you -- I would not send this type of information in an E-Mail
either.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

C.R. Patton II

Hello John

We really appreciate your pledge and commitment to our museum. Mike is absolutely correct that precautions should be taken with your private financial data. Paul is our president but you can also contact Henry Knight our financial wizard. He is a gregaarious giant. His information is located in the CLC directory.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

tozerco

The email was signed by a Henry Knight but I'm still not comfortable sending the information electronically. I think I will copy down a new contribution form and post that off snail mail!

Thanks for confirming I'm not totally paranoid about this.....

Regards,

John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

tozerco

Oh, oh! Went back to the Museum page and note that I can donate through Paypal. Suits me to do it that way except........

1.    The link to Paypal "Learn more" doesn't work,

2.    The Paypal link doesn't seem to let me make the contribution a regular payment - just a one-off that I will have to go through each month.

Gotta be a better way.

Regards,
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

Glen

Last I checked Paypal will allow you to make monthly payments.  They call it subscriptions.  But it seems to be a little difficult to use.  I don’t remember the details. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

tozerco

Just so everyone knows, Henry Knight has been in touch and the problem should be solved.

Regards,
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

Tito Sobrinho

Last 8/8/2011, I sent a check for my annual CLC renewal of $50 + $100 for the Museum. So far, I have not received the pledge confirmation.  Is my pledge tax deductible?
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Paul Ayres #5640

Tito - I will check to be sure your donation is recorded properly and get a confirmation to you.  It is tax-deductible, since CLCMRC is a 501c3 charitable organization.  Paul Ayres

Tito Sobrinho

Paul:

Yesterday, I received my donation confirmation.
Thanks.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.