News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Went to look at Coach Conversion 1978 Eldorado Convertible for sale

Started by d307p, March 19, 2012, 04:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d307p

My wife and I went to look at a 1978 Eldorado Biarritz "Coach" Convertible for sale this morning that the seller said he was asking $6,000 for.  The man told me it had a little surface rust but the interior was good and engine started right up.  He said mileage was 65,000 but odometer was not working anymore.

Car was at the man's garage which sat about 100 yards back off the road.  As we pulled in I started to get excited as it looked very nice, until we got closer.

Upon inspection of the car, all bumper fillers would need replaced and the was some surface rust, but car would need entire paint job.  The left side hubcaps had the white inserts, but the passenger side did not have inserts.  The interior would need completely redone, as dash and door panels had rips and tears.  Seats were faded to the point that they would need either dyed or redone.  Carpet would also need replaced.

Engine did start right up and sounded strong and he said the transmission shifted smoothly.  I check a few items like radio and power antenna and they didn't work either.

Too bad it wasn't nicer, would have been a cool car to own, but just too much money to invest into it.

Dave Presto CLC#27070
Mount Joy, PA
1977 Coupe Deville
1989 Brougham Monarch Firemist
2003 Oldsmobile Bravada
2012 Durango Citadel (Wife's)

Davidinhartford

Oooo  sorry guy.   We've all been disappointed by visits like that too.

Good move on passing it up.   That car did not looked like it was cared for too well.

R Schroeder

Someone has this one for sale by me, but his price keeps going up........ha

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2875434366.html

Wisconsin.

This one is a hard top. Low miles.
http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2846370654.html