News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1955 Tail Light fastener

Started by craig-o, March 26, 2012, 06:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig-o

I'm putting my 1955 CDV back together after it spent 9 months at the body shop being painted (my neighbor owns the shop, and had his guys work on it in their down-time.)  The paint came out gorgeous (original Mist Green over Arlington Green), now I just need to get everything back together again.

So far, 1 thing has me stumped - because it was >3 years since I took it apart!  On the driver's side tail light (the one that flips up for the gas filler) - to what what does the top-most screw attach?  On the passenger side, there's  a J-clip mounted on the body; but on the driver's side the hinge mechanism is recessed into the fin and there's no sheet metal inside to hold a clip.  Can anyone tell me if there's a special fastener?  Or better yet, can anyone provide a picture of what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance,

Craig
Craig Rodenberger
San Jose, CA
1955 Coupé deVille
1955 Jaguar XK140 OTS

Terry Wenger

Craig;

There is no fastener on top. I took a couple of photos to send you along with a picture of my car          ( Celadon Green over Arlington Green) but I can't find your email address in the directory.

Terry Wenger
Terry Wenger CLC #1800
tewv16@sbcglobal.net
1932 355B TSD
1939 7557
1940 60S
1941 60S
1947 6267 Conv.
1949 6207X Coupe
1963 60S