News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

79 Seville door striker question

Started by Gene Beaird, March 27, 2012, 07:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Beaird

I've replaced them on many cars, and they really help, but I'm not sure if the 79 Seville had those plastic bushings that go on the door striker.  Do they?  If so, I'll go look for some.  The doors take some effort to close, so I'm thinking they probably need an adjustment, but will put that off if they need the striker bushings.  Thanks.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Hankk17

not to hijack your post, but my '76 SDV rear doors rattle like hell and I suspect that I need to re-adjust the striker placement.  It's low on my list of things to fix, but your post makes it an opportune moment to ask what the best method to reposition strikers is..

-Hankk
Wherever you go... There you are

joecaristo

Before repositioning your door post, wrap some electrical tape around the striker and see if it closes better. If it does Then you can look for the bushings. I have an 77 Eldo and the passenger door was rattling while I was driving. I wrapped some Electrical tape around the striker and now the door doesn't rattle and shuts fine.
Joe
Joe Caristo

Gene Beaird

The Fisher Body Service Manual doesn't seem to show a bushing, and doesn't mention having to replace one in the adjustment procedures.  I'm guessing the Seville does not require one, but still not sure.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873