News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 Auto show car?

Started by Davidinhartford, April 02, 2012, 08:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidinhartford

This photo has been going around the web lately.  Check out the 62 convertible in the foreground.   Open rear wheels like the 64 Eldorado.    Plus the front parking-turn lamps are smaller/shorter?

I don't ever recall seeing or hearing about any specials in 62.  Does anyone have more info?  Yann? 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

...and it also appears to have 1961 fins. Interesting photo.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Davidinhartford

Hmmm.  A friend of mine has pics of a 61 with open rear wheels recently.      I wonder if this is a 61 showcar that had 62 preview features?   Still it's odd that they brought it out for the 62 auto show though.   I'll try to get the recent pics of that car to match them up.

R Schroeder

The Plymouth is a 62, so I would say it is a 62 auto show. Maybe it is a concept car.

If you Google 1962 Chicago Auto Show, then images, you will see that picture and many others. Even one from 1903.

Davidinhartford

This car turned up recently.   It looks to be a 61 Biarritz, but has some 62 styling items, front cornering lamps for example.  It has the open rear wheels as would appear on the 64 Eldorados.     Not unlike the black and white photo.

My source says this gold car was made by Bill Mitchell in 61.   

No lamps in the fins.   No reverse lamps.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Notice how the skeg begins further into the front fender than on a stock 61/62 front fender? Presumably done in order provide a break to accomodate the lower SS trim. Car also has modified 62 Biarritz trim for the rear quarter panel/trunk.

Very unusual- but just doesn't look right sans skirts and tailfin lenses (IMHO)- no disrespect to Mr Mitchell.

The car I wish someone did would be a '62 w/ '62 Series 75 fins.

Looks very much as if it could be the same car in the photo David posted.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute