News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Dust shields for 1938 Cad 60S

Started by Chris Bryant #19358, April 03, 2012, 10:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Bryant #19358

Hi folks,

I have the 37-46 Cadillac parts book and I have searched it for a replacement number for the battery cover which attaches to the passenger side "inner fender" as I would call it. Are dust shields as printed in the parts book really what I would call "inner fenders"? BTW I really need a rust-free battery box if that is possible.

Thanks for any help.

Chris Bryant #19358

Don Boshara #594

I believe the dust shields are the reinforced rubber sheets one of which is stapled to the inner fender sheet metal beside the battery. I had a battery box made for my 40 60S from drawings I made to fit a #2 6v battery. I used measurements and some imagination for the drawings and it came out very nice. I wish I still had the drawings, but they must have been kept by the fabricator.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe

Chris Bryant #19358

Thanks again, Don. Fortunately the bottom of my battery box is AOK. Just the top cover needs a redo after my rather clumsy attempt to fix it. As for the rubberised fabric, I believe that is what the parts book means by dust cover. The bigger metal panels that form the inside of the engine compartment must be inner fenders.

Cheers again,

Chris Bryant