News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac windshield washer diagram

Started by mwiedmer, April 04, 2012, 12:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwiedmer

Could someone describe or diagram the vacuum hose routing for a 1941 Cadillac? I am trying to reinstall my windshield washer pump and my radio, both of which were disabled long ago. Is it the same routing as in 1948, which was discussed recently? Thanks.

Michael Wiedmer
Michael Wiedmer, CLC#12961

Richardonly

Hello Michael,

I do not have the answer to your question, sorry, but I am interested in the routing for the 1948.  Do do have any idea, when it was posted?

Thank you Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

mwiedmer

Richard, One description for a 1947 Cadillac was provided by Bill Ingler on November 28, 2007, 05:46:52 PM in the post: Re: 1947 Cadillac Radio & Antennae Info.
The other description, and the one to which I referred, was in reply to your September 01, 2011 post: 1948 Cadillac Fleetwood Vacuum wipers. Did the replies to your question not provide you what you were looking for?

Mike

Richardonly

Mike,

I may or may nor have the lines going into the firewall correct, as I disconnected the vacuum line because there was a hissing from the radio. (Power antenna)

Upon pressing the washer button, one of two lines sucked, so I connected that to the washer bottle ( there are 2 lines on the washer bottle).  I NOW heard a WET sucking sound but no water coming from the sprayers.

So is it correct?  I am not sure. I disconnected the line until I can repair it, and that will be some time as I recover from surgury.

I also had the heater fan rebuilt just so it works, not to really be used.  I also fixed the back cigarette lighter and I no longer smoke, nor sit in the back seat OR would I allow anyone to smoke in the car for fear of burning the original upholtery.

I suppose I want as much perfect and operational in the car just to say it works.

So, it is the same thing with the lines.  Even though I would never use the washers, I would like them to work.

Thank you for your reply.  It seems so hard for anyone to get vacuum line, heater line or simple electrical routing here in the forum.  I find little use of the manuels available, if they mention these at all.

Good luck,
Richard
1995 Jaguar XJ6

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Mike: I hope the attached PDF on vacuum hose routing for the radio,wiper and washers helps. There was some minor differences in the 41 through 48 but most if not all was in the hardware not the routing of the lines. One big difference in window washer hardware was the wiper bottle and washer pump. The 40-42 bottle had concave bottom rather than flat bottom used 46-48. The concave part of the bottle bottom was just deep enough to accept the screw up holding washer on the bottom holding bracket. The upper half of the washer pump was taller than the bottom on the 40-42 pump where as both halves of the 46-48 pump were about the same height. As Richard pointed out it is rather hard to get what you would think would be easy info on certain systems of the earlier Cads. A lot of info was never put to paper even in the 40s. I don`t think they ever thought these cars would survive for 70 years. I started with the 40s Cads back before we had this web site. Then you became pen pals with some kind friend who had a car like yours. Since the development of this site I download what someone else has experienced and file it away on the computer. The search function of this site yields some very valuable info. Have fun with your 41.    Bill

mwiedmer

Bill,

Thank you very much for the detailed description. I think this should do it for me.

Richard, I hope Bill's description helps you too and you get all your systems operational.

Thanks and good luck to you both.

Mike

Richardonly

Good luck to you Mike and thanks for the additional info Bill.

Richard
1995 Jaguar XJ6