News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I really need help : Delco Remy generator tag.

Started by Cadillac1955, April 05, 2012, 04:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac1955

Hello,

I need to stamp a new Delco-Remy ID tag. The generator is for a 1955 Cadillac with Air Conditioning. I have no copy on the old ID tag. I belive the car is made in march 1955.

1: What is the orginal generator part number for Cadillac 1955 WITH AC?

Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

Grant Owen

I don't have the part number for the 55 Generator, but you are correct with the date on tag Jan 15 1957.
3 53, 4 54 , 5 55 , 6 56 , 7 57, 8 58 , 9 59 , 0 60 etc....
A Jan...............M Dec    Note I was not used.
If getting a repo tag you should note their are different quality tags , I got a couple off ebay a while ago for my 59's although the part number & date stamp were done well the tag its self was thinner than original & the Red seemed to lift off very easily.
Hope this helps a bit.
You should also note that the date on the generator may have been a late 54 date as parts were made a long time in advance.

craig-o

I snapped a picture of my 1955 Coupe deVille's generator tag.  The model number is a bit hard to read after all these years, but I'm pretty sure it reads 1102011.  And I guess mine was made on Feb 23, 1955.
Craig Rodenberger
San Jose, CA
1955 Coupé deVille
1955 Jaguar XK140 OTS

craig-o

...and I forgot to include on my last post, yes mine came with factory air, and the engine number is 66442 - to give you an idea of the build sequence.

Craig
Craig Rodenberger
San Jose, CA
1955 Coupé deVille
1955 Jaguar XK140 OTS

Cadillac1955

Quote from: craig-o on April 05, 2012, 08:54:03 PM
...and I forgot to include on my last post, yes mine came with factory air, and the engine number is 66442 - to give you an idea of the build sequence.

Craig

Very nice Craig!

I wonder if You can snap a picture on the whole generator...?
I have to rebuild new oil filter lines, please snap an other picture there, Craig.
Please....

Thank You,
Andrè Aga

Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

craig-o

Hi Andre,

Here's a photo of the generator looking over the inner fender on the passenger side.  Those 2 pipes running above it are the A/C lines.

I've also taken pics of where the oil filter supply and return lines go.  It took 3 pictures to capture where they run.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.  About the only thing on my car that isn't stock is the paint on the valve covers; when I replaced the valve cover gaskets, I sandblasted the covers and all I had was GM blue engine paint (not the dark Cadillac blue.)   I'm the 2nd owner and have owned it since 1999.

If you need more, PM me with your e-mail address.

Craig
Craig Rodenberger
San Jose, CA
1955 Coupé deVille
1955 Jaguar XK140 OTS