News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Overflow Bottle

Started by Ed, April 06, 2012, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Just dropped in a NOS overflow bottle in my 84 Eldo Convertible. Getting her ready for the Grand Nationals in Saint Augustine, Florida. It pays to save NOS stuff. Oh, who said you can't reuse crimp clamps?
Ed Nieves
Member #23765

bcroe

That is something I added (along with a fan shroud) to all my older
cars.  Really glad I did, saved my coolant several times.  Bruce Roe

Ed

Bruce, how did it save your coolant? I don't understand... :-\
Ed Nieves
Member #23765

bcroe

Ed, the time I remember best, I was driving a 68 350 Cutlass.  It was very hot around
Boulder Dam, running the A/C, the car was doing OK.  When parked to take the tour,
extra engine heat will temporarily go to the coolant.  I could hear the coolant bubbling,
and it filled the recovery tank almost to the top.  Later the car cooled off, and all that
coolant went back into the cooling system. 

Without the overflow recovery tank, that coolant would have gone onto the pavement
and been lost.  Bruce Roe

Ed

Ed Nieves
Member #23765

R Schroeder

NOS always looks nice. Wouldnt mind finding one for my 78 DeVille.