News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need help in obtaining two parts for '76 Eldorado

Started by d307p, April 07, 2012, 02:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d307p

I want to order the silver hose as pictured and also the piece of rubber weatherstripping as pictured. 

I ordered a 1976 Eldorado cowl to hood weatherstripping thinking that was correct but it is not the wide piece as on the car.

I am sure I can easily find a black rubber hose, but did anyone order the flexible one before and know where I can get one?

Thanks
Dave

Dave Presto CLC#27070
Mount Joy, PA
1977 Coupe Deville
1989 Brougham Monarch Firemist
2003 Oldsmobile Bravada
2012 Durango Citadel (Wife's)

cadillactim

Dave

I have a good used silver heat riser flexible pipe. You can email me direct a tagroves@wctel.net

Tim
Tim Groves

Gene Beaird

You can also probably get that heat-riser pipe at a local parts house.  They may not have it in stock, as they're hardly used in today's cars, but you can frequently find that part sold by Doorman/Help brand. 

I bet you could find that hood seal by looking for a similar part on a similar-age Oldsmobile or Pontiac.  I'd poke around the Steel Rubber Parts catalog.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873