News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

remove horn button on 47 cadillac?

Started by Scott Kraemer, April 09, 2012, 09:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Kraemer

sounds like a neweby question, but I am trying to remove the plastic horn button on my 47 cadillac. I don't want to damage it and I can't find the assembly info in any of my books.

can anyone direct me where to look or how to do it?

thanks.
Scott Kraemer
CLC #24704

"Every idea spawns another idea. Therefore no idea is bad." -SLK

47 series 62 sedan

Alan Harris CLC#1513

My recollection is that you support the horn ring with one hand and press the button down into the center of the ring with the other hand. When the button bottoms out, you turn it and it pops out. I don't remember which way it turns.

As long as you don't use tools on it, you can't hurt anything. It is an easy job.

Richardonly

I have a broken one out from a 1948 which was replaced.  There are notches on the bottom which indicates that what Alan wrote is correct.  Disconnecting your battery will stop the horn and your need to rush.  :)

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Jay Friedman

Alan is correct.  Let me just add that you turn the button counter-clockwise to remove it and clockwise to re-install it.  Be easy and careful with it since the 3 "ears" that hold it in are prone to breaking; even 1 broken one will make even a beautiful horn button useless. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."