News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1967 BATTERY HOLD DOWN ??

Started by cadchuck429, April 13, 2012, 10:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadchuck429

Trying to find out what is the correct type of hardware/components were used to hold down the battery for a 1967 Deville Conv't. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-Chuck
C. Attardi
429bigblock@excite.com
1967 Deville Conv't
2011 CTS COUPE

Glen

From the shop manual. 

HTH
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

cadchuck429

WOW-Great illustration THANK YOU.  Do you have any idea where I can find this setup. All the Caddy's I've seen for my Model and year are also missing. I guess over the 40 plus years they probably corroded or they were never re-installed.   
C. Attardi
429bigblock@excite.com
1967 Deville Conv't
2011 CTS COUPE

Glen

I think the junk yards are probably your only source. If I am wrong hopefully someone else will chime in. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

cadchuck429

I haven't seen one yet when they do have one @ the yards. Thanks Again for the Illustration. Chuck
C. Attardi
429bigblock@excite.com
1967 Deville Conv't
2011 CTS COUPE

Fleetfoot

would the hold down cross reference over to another GM product. Most of GM hold downs were very similar and may be identical.