News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Radio foot switch 55 Cadillac

Started by Bob Kielar, April 14, 2012, 09:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

Hello all,
                        I recently purchased a foot switch for the radio for Annie (55 Fleetwood).  Could anyone tell me where the correct location is to mount the switch I what it to look as original as possible. Is there a grommet that goes thru the carpet?

Thanks,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Walter Youshock

There used to be a stencil in the kits from the dealer.  It should go about 3 inches in and 3 inches higher than the dimmer switch toward the brake pedal.  Yes, there was a large rubber grommet that the carpeting tucked into and it also had a notch for the wire that went to the radio.

One of the neatest features to add.  Too bad there's nothing on AM radio anymore.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Bob Kielar

Thanks for the reply,
                                      Yeah it is to bad about am radio I did pick up a station hear in southern Wisconsin that was playing rat pack music that was fun to listen too. It would also be awesome if I pods would play on am.

Regards,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Walter Youshock

Later in the evening, you might be able to pick up 750 (I think that's in the area of the numbers) from Canada.  Can't remember the call letters but I think they broadcast from Montreal.   I can get it on my '57 and I can pick it up in the house on my '56 RCA hifi and I'm just outside Scranton, PA.  Quite a shock to hear vintage music on the vintage radios!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Bob Kielar

Thanks I will give it a try.

Regards,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

jst

Hi
Here is a weak copy of the installation instructions that came from Cadillac with the switch. Any questions, just Email.
JST       jusmct@att.net      PS The measurment for the up and down position reads 9/32"( weak but ledgible).
CLC #27640
USMC  63-68
1953 Cadillac series 62 COUPE