News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 eldorado biaaritz convertible

Started by djohnson, April 15, 2012, 04:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djohnson

Was wondering if any one knew how many  1976 Eldorado convertibles with a biaritz package were produced that year.  Is the Eldo convertible with a biaritz package even "more rare" than the Bicentenial package.  Just Asking?????

jagbuxx #12944

Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Davidinhartford

There were no Biarritz packages made on the convertibles.   In fact, the 76 Biarritz hardtop that came out late in the year was done by ASC (American Sunroof Corporation) and did not even have the pillowed seats that were in the 77 and 78 Biarritz.   

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Interesting that the 1976 Biarritz had color keyed wheelcovers as well.

There may well be less Biarritz coupes than Bicentennial convertibles built in '76.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

djohnson

I did see a convertible with the moldings but that must of been an add on. 
it looked pretty good

Eldorado Tex

Will the moldings fit on the convertible? Any pictures of a convertible with them?

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Eldorado Tex on May 25, 2012, 09:58:48 AM
Will the moldings fit on the convertible? Any pictures of a convertible with them?

You bet!  :)

Eldorado Tex

Yeah looks good, any pics of where it ends around the convertible top?

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Eldorado Tex on May 25, 2012, 10:17:30 PM
Yeah looks good, any pics of where it ends around the convertible top?

Nothing up real close.

Bryan Thompson

Starting at the "you bet" all those are 1978s, and quite beautiful, just sayin.  ;)
I would rather push an old Cadillac, than drive a new anything:-)

Eldorado Tex

Oh ok, I remember seeing that picture awhile back. I was worried I wouldn't like the way it flowed up, but it works.

Now for some '76-78 Biarritz questions,
Are there production numbers?
What all is unique to them over the base Eldorados?
Are reproduction parts of those specific parts made?

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Eldorado Tex on May 27, 2012, 08:26:12 PM
Oh ok, I remember seeing that picture awhile back. I was worried I wouldn't like the way it flowed up, but it works.

Now for some '76-78 Biarritz questions,
Are there production numbers?
What all is unique to them over the base Eldorados?
Are reproduction parts of those specific parts made?

The Biarritz package included the formal cabriolet roof with smaller rear window.   Special chrome trim on the hood, across the doors and up to the roof.   Unique accent striping,   colour-keyed wheelcovers and opera lamps.    The interior on thr 77 and 78s had the unique pillowed seats.   The late 76s did not have the pillowed seats.   

Then of course the final year of the big Eldorados had the Custom Biarritz Classic, with tu-toned paint and tu-toned interior.  Unfortunately only available in one colour combo.

I don't know of any reproduction parts being made other than the fender end caps.