News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rear slider assembly for 1941 6227D coupe (I had it all along!)

Started by kkarrer, April 27, 2012, 10:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Ok!  Part of the mystery of the rear quarter window on my (and possibly someone else's) 1941 coupe, has been solved thanks in part to Harry Scott.  Thanks again Harry! I had the part...the slider mechanism that goes on the bottom of the rear quarter window all along, but it had been mislabled as a seat slider and interestingly when Harry sent a picture of the part last night there was also a picture of the seat slider assy. included on the same page. (see the attached picture)  I'd looked at the part many times, but it was still partially wrapped in paper from the chromer and it really does look like a seat slider. I still have a question as to what goes around the rest of that window, as the slider part fixes only to the bottom of the glass. I'm figuring that either a seal like the one that goes in the upper and rear channel of the door window goes into the body of the car or a rubber seal like the one on the rear windshield goes around the glass.  If anyone has a coupe, I could still use some help there. I also found through Steve Cooley in Florida, that John Gately in Massachusetts still has some 41 parts and both of those guys have a wealth of knowledge regarding 41 cars.  Once again the CLC website, it's members, and the membership directory have been very helpful in getting another great old Cadillac one step closer to returning to the road. One more thing, I purchased what was supposedly a Fisher Body Manual on E-bay, but it turned out to be a body panel repair booklet instead.  I think the 41 Fisher Body manual is not in print, but if anyone knows of a source for the 46-47 manual I'd sure like to purchase one or at least get some front end assembly pictures from someone who has one.
Thanks!
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe

mwiedmer

Ken,

I got a 1941 Fisher Body Manual last year from Pete Sharp (818) 956-1559.

Mike
Michael Wiedmer, CLC#12961

kkarrer

Mike,
    Thanks.  I'll check that out. Should have taken care of this much earlier.
Ken Karrer
1941 6227D coupe