News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 coupe assembly issues, grille, window glass, etc.

Started by kkarrer, April 26, 2012, 12:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Hello!  Still trying to get this 6227D coupe ready for Nationals in June!  Can anyone help with some pictures or assembly descriptions.  I have the authenication guide and the shop manual, but when it comes to the grille, doors, and glass they are really no help.  I also have a Fisher Body Manual, but it only shows patch panel and body repair instructions and pictures. 
Thanks!
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe
512-626-7268
kkarrer@austin.rr.com

Warren Rauch #4286

From what you describe I would guess you have the Fisher Body sheet metal service manual. There is another book the " Fisher 1941 Body Manual" .This book covers seals, upholstery, hardware ,  door fit,  glass etc.  Fisher also published Fisher Body Service News. These were bulletins 4 to 9 a year that  became the basis of the service manuals that followed
  I don't know if the 1941 book has been reprinted, but the 1946-47 ( sometimes sold as 46-48)has been. It is about 130 pages reprint is a better idea than  photo copying . Warren

kkarrer

Warren,
    Yes, I thought I was getting the Fisher Body Manual (as that was how it was advertised on E-bay) and wound up getting the sheet metal repair manual.  I'll have to see if I can hunt up a copy of the real deal or like you suggested, get a 46-48 manual.  I'll post that separately this morning and see if anyone has one for sale.
Thanks,
Ken