News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

72 Eldo. electrical issues and armrests

Started by abriddell, April 28, 2012, 09:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abriddell

Hello,

I have a couple of electrical puzzles to solve - wondering if anyone can coach me up a little...

1.  Blower: When I turn the key halfway (no crank yet) the blower turns on. 
2.  HeadlightsL The two in-board lights don't work at all.  But, when I hit the pedal switch the out-board lights seem to get  brighter/higher.  The red high-beam indicator on the dash display lights up when I hit the pedal switch.  I just replaced all 4 lights.

Another challenge is the material covering the armrests is in pretty poor condition.  Has anyone ever fabricated new armrest covers?  Structurally they are fine so I just need a cosmetic improvement.

/Users/abriddell/Desktop/IMG_0037.JPG

/Users/abriddell/Desktop/IMG_0036.JPG

Thanks for the help with past issues too.  The car is coming along nicely!

Andrew Briddell
Monona, WI
Andrew Briddell
1972 Eldorado Convertible

70sdv

For the arm rests: Two choices I know off, Justdashes will recover them or you can look at the replacements OPGI is selling,  http://www.opgi.com/p/interior-trim/26333/228/CDP1010.html
Steve McCarthy