News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

How in the heck do you get this thing off?!?!?!?!

Started by mike12485, April 29, 2012, 02:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike12485

OK, I have to ask. How in the heck do you get that stupid slip joint loose on the exhaust collection box on the top of the 1932 V8 engine?  We have heated it, banged on it, and hit it with enough Kroil to float a battle ship. I'm out of ideas can some one help me?

Best,
Mike
Mike Spera

harry s

Hi Mike,   Are you talking about the exhaust pipe or manifold connections or the exhaust pass throgh at the intake manifold?  Do you have a picture>    Harrry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Paul Ayres #5640

Mike - As you have found out, this joint rusts tight.  I had to cut the pipe close to the hub welded onto it and slit the portion of the pipe that extends into the hot box in order to collapse it a bit to get it loose.  I was going to make up a new pipe and covering anyway, so destroying the pipe had no consequences for me.  If you need to save the pipe, I can only suggest more heat and more penetrating oil.  Paul Ayres #5640