News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

2003 Cadillac Deville DTS Rear Suspension Questions

Started by cadillacguy03, May 05, 2012, 09:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacguy03

I have a 2003 Cadillac Deville DTS and I brought it in for inspection yesterday and they told me that I need rear Tie Rods... Now when I went to the local auto parts store and told them that I needed rear tie rods for my car they only had a listing for the front outer tie rod and inner tie rod and I am assumin that I cant use the same outer tie rod for the front on the rear as well. So I am curious is the Rear Tierods in the words of my cadillac garage here known by something different at the autopart stores? The dealership is out of these and I wanted to try and get it fixed over the weekend so can anyone help shed some light on this for me? Thanks Eric

Dave Shepherd

These are called rear suspension toe links, you will also need a rear toe alignmnet when done, check this link. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2198660

cadillacguy03

Awesome thank you very much also any helpful information you could pass along for where I could get the rear shocks I have the FE3 suspension which is the sport suspension with the air lines and everything and a few places I looked they dont have the ones that hook right into the factory hoses they want me to run an independent air line out and manually fill the shocks and Im like no thats not how its suppost to be. I did get a price from one place and they said the price was $459 per shock and I didnt know if this is correct or if that is higher than what it should be? Any help there

Dave Shepherd

Check Rock auto .com, similar set up on my 2003 Lesabre with rear level ride, they had Monroe air shocks with an adapter kit to the factory fittings. Just checked they do have them and the adapter kit

cadillacguy03

terrific thank you very much for all your help.