News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

GM Heritage Center Archive vehicle Information

Started by 936CD69, May 06, 2012, 07:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

936CD69

For those of you who have never visited the site, or it's been awhile, the Archive posted dozens of vehicle information kits covering most years of Cadillac and LaSalle over the past few days. Almost every year from 1902 til 74 has information kits which you can download FREE. Depending on the year there may be scans of Data Books, color and upholstery pages from the master Parts books, owners manuals, etc. Of course information on specific cars is still available for a fee. the link is:

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

Enjoy!
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

Rich S

Thanks for this great link! Lots of interesting information is available there!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

veesixteen

Has anyone tried to download any of these kits? I can't seem to have access to anything but the copyright notice. Am I doing something wrong?
BTW, I had a GREAT visit to the  FABULOUS GM Heritage Center last week, thanks to an invitation from Matt and Michaline Larson.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Yann,

I downloaded the information for the '71 and '72, and it was amazing, andf got information that I couldn't find anywhere else.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

I had the same as Yann, clicked the copyright agreement, then nothing - tried three times then gave up.
Phil

veesixteen

How did you do it, Bruce?  Neither Phil Whyte not I seem to be able to download some of this great material! Any others have this problem?

Tito Sobrinho

I had the same experience...could not open the 1949 Cadillac archive.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Jeff Hansen

Some of the files are absolutely massive.  Try right clicking on the link for the archive you want and save it to your hard drive ("Save target as", "Save link as", etc. depending on what browser you use).  Once on your hard drive, open it as you would any other file.  The archives are all PDF files, so Adobe Acrobat Reader software is required.

HTH,
Jeff

Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

revgawright

Dang it! I just paid fifty buck to GM Heritage Center for this information three weeks ago, and now they give it away free. Allied Vaughn stinks! Wonder if I can get a refund! The crooks also charged fifty bucks for a build sheet that wasn't even a build sheet--more of a dealer invoice. They should be in jail.
G. A. Wright
Restitutio ad integrum!!!

veesixteen

These are harsh comments ... but you are right.  Gone are the days when your fifty bucks bought not only the build sheet for your car but also a whole bunch of interesting documents and information (Xerox copies) relating to the model(s) in question. Yes, "progress" (unfortunately) comes at a price!

The Tassie Devil(le)

Don't know what you are doing wrong, but when I open up the site, and simply click on the "Show" word, next to Cadillac, it opens up a page full of Blue dates, and then I click on the one I want, then the Copyright pops up, I agree, and then it opens up the whole shebang of pages.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   Don't forget that I am an alien, from an alien country, in an alien part of the world.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

936CD69

I've been able to download about 20 of the kits. The only problem I have had is a network error message pops up on some of the larger files and you have to start over. Try clearing your browser history (cache) before you start to download.
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

tozerco

Bruce etc.,

You have a pop-up blocker on your system.

Hold down the Ctrl key when you click on the year you want (the "blue" date list) and it will allow the pop-up.
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

tozerco

.....and the tab for the pdf file of the documents will appear next to the "GM Heritage Centre ....." tab at the top of the page you are on. Click on that tab and all the documents are there. You may have to wait a bit for the pdf files to download.

Regards,
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

Roger Zimmermann

Interesting: I tried to open it home, I could not. Now, I'm away from home, connected with a very old lap top and I can open the files!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

veesixteen

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Nice one Yann, I still can't get it to work. I got further this time, reckon I'll try clearing the cache as suggested above. I don't know, I rebuilt my 331 and the Hydramatic, but I can't get on with this new technology !
Phil

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Cadillac Nut

The information is fantastic in these kits.  I downloaded 1958, it has the complete data book, owners manual for '58, owner's manual for '58 Brougham, and the dealer specification manual, which I have never seen before, but is very informative. Thank you GM Heritage Center!  If you are having trouble downloading, you may want to switch to a different web browser.  I have found that it works with certain ones better (Google Chrome and Firefox worked for me) and not at all on others. 

Garrett

veesixteen

Gita and I had a rare opportunity (last month) to visit the GM Heritage Center, thanks to an introduction by CLC members Matt & Michaline Larson of Detroit, who were our kind hosts for a few days as we headed towards Niagara Falls for a (my) 73rd birthday celebration!

We got a very warm welcome from Greg Wallace, the curator, whom many of you know by name. There were lots of very special Cadillacs (and other GM makes) on show, as well as plenty of automobile memorabilia in addition to the cars themselves. Greg was kind enough to have his team of archivists and researchers find for me (for consultation) some old issues of "GM Motor World" that I heeded to complete some research for an article about the "European Tour" (from June to September 1930) of five new, Cadillac V-16 models.

Thanks Greg, thanks Michaline, thanks Matt !