News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Batwing/Dual Quad Air Cleaners

Started by Paul Tesone, May 12, 2012, 06:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Tesone

The other day I attempted to respond to a Forum post about batwing air cleaners for a 57 Biarritz . For whatever reason , my reply would not post and I am now unable to find the original post/question . I wanted to caution the person posting the question to be careful if he buys a batwing set up - as other cars also used them ; and they don't all fit a 57 Biarritz . The height of the bases differ between 55/56 & 57 Cadillac air cleaners and I think the pod locations may differ between Caddys and other cars .  He should type "Dual Quad Air Cleaners"  in the Forum's pop up search box , then scroll down to the second entry on 2/10/12 by "cadelect". Click on the "Re 1957 Batwing From Chevy" portion of the title and then click on the Pontiac website that is listed in the text of his response . Great information , good pictures . Since I can't find his post , I'm hoping this post will get his attention and get his questions answered . Photos of my 57 air cleaner attached ... Paul Tesone CLC #6876

jeremy9146

Thanks Paul for the helpful information regarding my post about the air cleaner.  I'm still awaiting the arrival of my 57.  It's scheduled to arrive the week of May 21st.  I spoke with the gentleman that I bought the car from and he confirmed that he has the batwing assembly, however he's missing the pods on both sides.  I found a gentleman that can supply me both pods for $400.  Personally I think it to be a fair price.  Thanks again for your help.  Jeremy
Jeremy Weiss Bridgewater, NJ
Current collection of Cadillac’s
1953 Eldorado
1959 Eldorado Biarritz